Speak Your Mind

Monday, May 13, 2013

Relationship Status Check: 5/12 - 5/18

God & You: Assessing Your Relationship 

 I was spurred into thought about this topic by an article called “A Challenge to Your Faith” by Keturah Alvin recently. She asked several very pointed questions in the article, such as:

  • Do you really trust God in even the worst situation or circumstance?
  • What if the doctor tells you that you only have 6 months to live?
  • What if your employer hands you a pink slip?
  • What if your child is strung out on drugs?
Where is your faith then? ? Is it made void by the harsh circumstances of life? ?Is it replaced by fear and disbelief?? Can you stand firm and unwavering in your faith even if others call you nuts because they don’t understand?”

My feeble attempt reflects my personal perspective, based on what I perceive that God is saying we should be doing through the Bible. I don’t pretend to have the definitive answers or any unusual level of insight in this area, and frankly I don’t score nearly as well as I should using this – I think fairly objective – set of criteria. But I do think it makes for a very interesting spiritual exercise. After assessing your own situation based on these criteria, I’d appreciate hearing your feedback. Do you think that an objective set of descriptions is possible, practical, or useful? If so, what kinds of things would you included that are not listed here, and which elements do you think are not relevant? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment