Speak Your Mind

Monday, June 22, 2015

Attitude of Gratitude

Having an attitude of gratitude will keep us in a grateful frame of mind. Being thankful and praising God even in the midst of a struggle sends God a message that we trust and have faith that He is sovereign (head, leader, supreme) in our lives. 

Praising God in the midst of struggle can be a difficult task, but just like Jesus laid down his life to save me, I will lay down my frustrations, lack and fears to praise God for who He is. Proverbs 16:9 says that God establishes our steps. I'm grateful for being chosen and called into the family of faith. Ephesians 1:11-12, says In God we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory. 

Ephesians 1:4-5 ESV, says Even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, I'm grateful that no matter what is going in my life, God is always there ready to fulfill a good work through me. Romans 8:28 ESV, says And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. 

I'm grateful that where I am weak, broken, lost or confused, God is my strength, my rock, my refuge, my fortress and my redeemer. Thank God, He is my everything. Adopting an attitude of gratitude will condition me to exercise my spiritual fruits, which are having love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, and be open to forgiving those who have sinned against me, like God has forgiven me of my sins.  Having an attitude of gratitude will also keep me from focusing on the negative, so I can constantly seek God to receive direction and instruction.  

To God be the glory, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment